"All work and all play, is just another day at Highbrow!"
Our physical condition is directly related to our five senses. Thus, our physical program helps develop these senses from a young age and strengthens - the visual, auditory and tactile pathways of the child from age 2 to 8, during which most neurological development stabilizes. This greatly helps ease the acquirement of abilities like reading, drawing, painting, singing, wood work and swimming.
The mainstay of our physical programme includes
- Crawling – to enhance the growth of the pons and reflex organs.
- Creeping – to enhance the growth of the mid-brain and motor coordination.
- Brachiating – to enhance growth of lungs for better supply of oxygen.
- Climbing – to enhance depth perception.
- Running/ walking – to enhance clear speech and long sessions of concentrated work.
- Balance-beam walking – to enhance balance and convergence of vision.
All these activities will instill a high-level of co-ordination and concentration within our students. It will encourage a keen interest in athletics and sports within them, which will be key parts of our physical program for the Primary, Mid-school, Secondary and Higher-Secondary levels of our education.
Our physical programme also helps children that are differently-abled by birth or due to poor nutrition.